Ann Jandernoa joins the show for our 6th annual preseason grouse and woodcock habitat and hunting conversation.
- Ann’s weather and conditional observations
- Listener Q & A
- Comparing and contrasting sand and clay soils
- What are the grouse eating?
- What’s the deal with hazel brush?
- What does escape cover look like
- Ann’s resource list for additional reading and analysis:
- The Ruffed Grouse, its Life Story, Ecology and Management – Edminster
- The Ruffed Grouse Life History, Propagation and Management Bump, Garner, Darrow, Edminster, Crissey
- Grouse of the North Shore – Gordon Gullion
- Appalachian Region Study of the Ruffed grouse population ecology
- Precipitation Analysis
- Binge listen to Ann on grouse and woodcock:
MAP | with Scout N Hunt
Become a Patreon Support | patreon.com/birdshot
Follow us | @birdshot.podcast
Use Promo Code | BSP20 to save 20% with onX Hunt
The Birdshot Podcast is Presented By: onX Hunt, Final Rise and Upland Gun Company